Dark Heresy: Contra Mundi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Heresy: Contra Mundi

Online support for a table-top Dark Heresy campaign

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any thoughts on maps and minis?

Go down 
2 posters

Would you be willing to buy or convert a model to represent your character in the campaign?
Yes.
Any thoughts on maps and minis? I_vote_lcap100%Any thoughts on maps and minis? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Maybe, if I had help modeling and converting.
Any thoughts on maps and minis? I_vote_lcap0%Any thoughts on maps and minis? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bugger off you twat, not all of us can go buy models at the drop of a hat.
Any thoughts on maps and minis? I_vote_lcap0%Any thoughts on maps and minis? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Darkreaver55

Darkreaver55

Any thoughts on maps and minis? Empty
PostSubject: Any thoughts on maps and minis?   Any thoughts on maps and minis? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:59 pm

I was looking over the GW website and when I read about the =][=munda version of the Necromunda ruleset (essentially 40k played on a small scale, you control an inquisitor/rogue trader/mechanicus magos or other person of like import, or xenos like orks, tau, and eldar and their small retinue for whom you buy equipment using the points system from 40k and then you play out storied scenarios in an ongoing campaign) and I thought it would be pretty cool to convert up a boltpistol-wielding Zarkov mini from an Imperial Guard Techpriest model, but if I was to make him I wouldn't want him to sit uselessly by my dice all alone. What are people's thoughts on converting up a 28mm scale mini to represent their character on a map for the Dark Heresy campaign?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on maps and minis?   Any thoughts on maps and minis? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:06 am

A neat idea, the only issue I have with it is that compared the miniature based 40K games the ranged weapons have more believable, but also longer, ranges.

On the other hand I have a dry erase board, and we can always futz with the scale when we need to.
Back to top Go down
https://contramundi.board-directory.net
Darkreaver55

Darkreaver55

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on maps and minis?   Any thoughts on maps and minis? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Of course the ranges would remain as dictated in the book, but each square would represent 5 feet, yards, or whatever the basic system of measurement is as because 28mm is, I believe, the scale used for D&D minis and other such things. I just thought it would be a neat aesthetic thing to try if everyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts on maps and minis?   Any thoughts on maps and minis? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any thoughts on maps and minis?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Heresy: Contra Mundi :: On Topic :: Dark Heresy General-
Jump to: